The Mornington and District Historical Society Inc. held its first public meetings in 1963 and held its first Annual General Meeting in April 1964. Since then it has fostered research and interest in the history of the areas of Mornington, Mt. Eliza, Mt. Martha and Moorooduc.
We are all enthusiastic volunteers with a love of history.
We are affiliated with the Royal Historical Society of Victoria, Museums Australia and Museum Victoria, the South East Historical Association and the Mornington Peninsula Local History Association.
- Promotes awareness of the history of the above areas of the Mornington Peninsula
- Promotes the conservation and understanding of heritage places in the area
- Organises talks, displays and walks to promote awareness of our history
- Collects material relating to the history of the above places
- Records history through photographs, oral histories, and publications.